Welcome to Eat Sleep Repeat
Eat Sleep Repeat, is online glimpse into my expat life which mostly involves food and travel and includes guest appearances from my husband, family, friends and occasionally my dogs! I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I enjoy writing them.
In August 2014 I left England behind to fulfill my dream of traveling overseas. Unfortunately I am not rich enough just to travel so I also have a full-time job. I blog as a hobby.
I always knew I was destined to live in the Middle East and spent 3 years in Qatar which I thoroughly enjoyed. Doha was where my blog was born so it will always hold fond memories for me. I started blogging as an online diary of our food adventures and people would often ask me for recommendations so I would point them in the direction of my posts. I was fortunate enough to be given some fantastic opportunities in Qatar and my blog started gaining followers. Through my blog I met some lovely people and blogging became part of my social life!
In the summer of 2017 we packed up and moved to Cairo, Egypt. We spent just over a year exploring this amazing country which is steeped in so much history and has rich, cultural diversity which is reflected in its cuisine.
In March 2019 we decided to move once again and are currently in Shenzhen, China. I am hoping to really get back into keeping my blog up to date with travel and an insight into our lives here and of course showing you the food and our daily lives!
My blog ‘rules’
- Transparency is very important to me, I will always disclose on a post if I paid for my food. If I am invited to an event I will usually try to go back again independently to get a ‘real’ feel for a place.
- I try to stick to a similar format for my posts, it is a review of my full experience and I will be honest. Any criticism is to be seen as constructive.
- I do not ask for, or accept, payment for reviews.
- I suggest that if you chose to visit a place I have reviewed that you check the details are still correct especially if you are looking for a particular promotion. I do publish dates on my reviews but I wouldn’t want you to have a wasted journey!
- I don’t consider myself a critic, a foodie or an influencer. I am a normal, everyday person who loves everything from McDonald’s fries to sushi, Indian takeaway to homemade meals, fine dining to street food.
Get in touch
I really like to hear from people who read my blog, please do feel free to get in touch and like, comment on and share my reviews. If you work in PR or marketing and you would like to work with me I would be happy to discuss this with you, my media kit is available on request.
Please note – I do have a full-time job, I will reply to emails and comments in a timely manner. I would like to highlight that the focus of my blog is food and travel – I also touch on everyday life as a full time teacher in an international school. As you may work out from my photographs I am not a fashion or beauty blogger (I do like spa treatments though!) nor do I write about jewellery, babies, politics, cars, or technology – I will leave that to the experts!
Thanks for visiting my blog