This is probably the shortest review I have every written. It’s not because I am being lazy but because my review of Zengo is very simple – just go. Cancel all other plans and go. Its superb! From the sexy, stylish interiors,the amazing far-reaching views, the friendly and knowledgeable staff and delicious food; it’s an all round great experience. I think I will let my photos speak on my behalf……
Why did I love Zengo?
- As soon as you step out of the lift on the 61st floor I defy you not to go ‘wow’ when you see the view and go straight to the window
- Attention to detail in the interior design with lots of natural light and good use of space with a clear Asian influence
- Staff who obviously understand the food that they are serving and are willing to make suggestions depending on your tastes and preferences
- An open kitchen (I love being nosy!)
- The food, the food, the food! This diverse Pan Asian menu designed by Chef Richard Sandoval is fabulous. A few dishes made it onto our ‘most memorable meals of 2016 list’
- Its versatility. Zengo is great for a business lunch with colleagues, perfect for date night, fun with a group of friends and a great place to take visitors
Why I didn’t love Zengo?
- It was faultless. Zengo has recently opened and I was invited to try the Friday Brunch and give some constructive feedback. I hated that I couldn’t find anything wrong! It was, in fact a little embarrassing when Chef Marko and Operations Manager Nenad both came over to ask how they could improve the food and service and we couldn’t suggest anything. Greg mentioned the fat on the lamb ribs could be rendered a little more but we were truly clutching at straws!
- Ask for a table by the window to take advantage of the views
- Go to the kitchen and watch the chefs in action
- Try the Friday brunch as you get to try a good variety of dishes
- I really recommend the shrimp roll, seared tuna, shrimp tempura, salmon miso and beef Szechuan
- If you go on an evening you can go next door to Z Lounge for post dinner drinks
*on this occasion I was a guest of Zengo as usual all photographs and opinions are my own.*
EDIT 6th Jan
We enjoyed our brunch so much we went back! I’m happy to report the food and service was just as good second time. We paid 500QR for 2 non alcoholic brunches which is good value. I’ll continue to recommend Zengo as I think it’s just fab!
I’m already impressed by Zengo’s food, can’t wait to go for brunch! #YES!
LikeLiked by 1 person
If you want a brunch buddy I’m in!
Yes, let’s do it sometime next week =D
LikeLiked by 1 person